close
close

The government promises to help the Philippine arrested in Qatari

The government promises to help the Philippine arrested in Qatari

(Renewal) Manila –The Government on Sunday promised to help the Philippines who were arrested in Qatar for allegedly participating in an unauthorized public demonstration.

In a statement, the Department of Migration Workers (DMW) stated that it was “carefully in touch” with the Qatar authorities to monitor the case and ensure the welfare of the detained Philippines.

On Saturday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DFA) confirmed that 17 Philippines were detained in the police station about an hour from Doha after joining the rally to express their support for the former President Rodrigo Duterte.

In a statement, DMW stated that some of them were foreign Philippine workers (ofws) who were arrested and detained in the Qatar capital for illegal fees.

Dutete has been detained at the International Criminal Court in the Hague in the Netherlands because of predictable human rights violations associated with his campaign against illegal drugs.

Get the latest news


delivered to your mailbox

Sign up on Manila Times Bulletin

Subscribing with the email address, I confirm that I have read and agree to the conditions of service and privacy policy.

DMW, DFA coordinations and the Philippine Embassy, ​​sent his attacker to the police station to provide all the necessary assistance to the victims of foreign Philippine workers.

DMW Secretary Hans Leo Kakdak assured the of the Department of Full Assistance, according to the Philippine Information Agency.

“We assure you that our services and assistance will continue under the leadership of President Ferdinand Marcos -Younger, for the well -being and future of our ofw and their families,” Kakdak said in a statement.

CACDAC also reminded of the respect and compliance of the local laws of its host countries, especially in public assembly and expression of political views, to avoid another incident again.

On Friday, the Philippine Embassy was still stated that several Philippins had been arrested and detained because of suspicion of “unauthorized political demonstrations” and were in contact with local authorities to provide consular assistance to the detainees.

Legal, consular assistance

Returning from Qatar, the senator’s candidate in May 12, Francis, Panhinan, called on the government to provide legal and consular assistance to the detained Filipinos to ensure their safety and fair treatment under Qatari legislation.

He stated that on Sunday, he was “deeply concerned about the latest reports of several Philippine citizens who were detained in Dos, Qatar.”

“Many of our Filippin colleagues leave their families behind to work abroad, experiencing difficulties and sacrifice only to ensure their loved ones,” Pangilin said.

“Their struggle reflects greater reality: the economic difficulties that push our Kababayans (fellow philippins) to look for opportunities far from home,” he said in a statement.